Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Great Day for a Wedding

I got a message a couple of months ago from a friend who asked if I would be interested in shooting a wedding for a friend of hers. I pondered the thought for a few days and asked for advice from friends. I had never shot a wedding before so I did not feel I was qualified at all. I initially thought there was no way I could do it, I am not good enough to capture those precious moments. I gave it about a week and after some thought and prayer and encouragement from friends I decided to go ahead with it all the while making sure the bride knew right away that this would be my first wedding. I emailed and facebooked the bride back and forth for a couple of weeks.


I arrived a beautiful sunny day in March at the chosen location, a beautiful park on the edge of the city i live in. It was an unusually warm day for March but the wind kept it cool. Boy was it ever windy that day! The bride arrived on site and I introduced myself, as we had not met face to face until that day. I took a few shots of her in her dress in various poses as we waited for the groom, and waited, and waited. We called and did not get an answer,and I shot a couple shots of her making that phone call. The groom appeared about 30 minutes late due to being stuck at the railroad crossing.


We had a bride, we had our groom, we were ready! The wedding went along like all weddings do. Afterwards I shot the usual wedding shots. Here are a few of the photos I took that day.


 The Beautiful Bride
The Groom
The Bride and Groom
Exchange of Rings
The Kiss :-)
All done :-)
Happy Family
A Little Kiss
A Daddy and His Little lady :-)
The Bride with Groom's Daughter~She was so adorable :-)
Off on Life's New Adventure

No comments: