Monday, October 18, 2010

Choices

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I know so many people that are going trough different things in their lives right now, some good and some bad. I think all the time about the choices made to get to those places. If we chose one way, X will happen, if we chose the other, Y will happen. Sometimes the choices made are not even ones that we made ourselves but once that was made by another and it too does effect us.

I stress the importance of choice to my children daily. If they are having a bad day we talk about having the choice to continue to have a bad day or chose to turn it around and move on. This works well for children so why not adults? I have seen so many people in my life that have made choices that I never imagined they would make. I see what it has cost them. I have also seen the up side to this and am privy to the up side of choice.

A few years ago if you told me I would be where I am today I would have laughed at you. I never would have believed that someone could love me enough and the way I needed to be loved. I have found a love that for a long time never knew existed in life. It has taken a long time to get to where I am today but I am where I am today because of a choice. I chose for God to be in my life and to serve Him with all that I am. I chose to be there for a friend when they needed someone. I chose to be a part of something bigger. What choice will you make today in your life?

No comments: